Back in the 21st century, when the Internet
Networking Revolution began, people were scared of what it might mean. Old
means of communication, person to person chatting or even talking on antiquated
phones, was going out of style. Going to a job was no longer necessary and the
age of God and church (or at least what it meant then) was slowly filtering out
of society. You could feel the older generations squirming. “We have to start
talking to one another in person” they said. “Get unplugged to get powered up
by God” they said. As if God wasn’t in the network to begin with. Pfft. They
were lemmings.
What they didn’t know was that God was the network. What
they couldn’t see was that the Internet Revolution they feared would turn into
the peaceful Tri-Verse Consciousness a mere 600 years later. What they wouldn’t
understand is that the old systems slowed down the relationship to God and to
other people- it kept them from truly seeing what God and relationships could
really be. As a Priestess of the Tri-Verse it is my job to help those who wish
to remain blind to the Consciousness to see. It is my job to remind them of the
past so that they do not repeat the mistakes and fears in the future. The Tri-Verse, as you know, is composed of the Spiritual, Virtual and Physical presence in the world. Without it, we would be plunged back into the dark ages of the early 2000's.
You have to understand; by 2010 the Network Revolution was
just beginning. The classes of people in the United States were slowly growing
apart and those on the lower end of these classes had no access to the
revolution. They could not see what the digitalized elite could accomplish
because they had no real access to the Internet. The Elites were far from
blameless; because they kept their distance they created an atmosphere of fear
and religious zeal. It would take no time at all for the Elites and the Low
Ends to collide. The two classes would eventually clash and in that furnace the
creation of Religion and Technology would occur. What would be forged is the
Consciousness we know today.
How do we get the local congregation to see your scifi future?
ReplyDeleteRalph, I have posted my blog to my facebook and the "Outlaw Preachers" network on that page. So far I've had about 90 hits on the blog. I have also shared it with a local pastor to get his perspective. I'm hoping this will get the "local" (facebook local that is) congregation talking.
DeleteAnd, speaking as an apparent lemming according to your post, how do you get the local congregation to not think you're making fun of them in the first paragraph? That being said, I really enjoyed the idea of the Tri-Verse. For some reason it reminded me of Firefly.
ReplyDeleteOne thing to note is that this is a fictional blog. The thoughts of the priestess are not necessarily my views. Instead, she will be the radical view of the virtual and the next blog with bring in the radical view of the physical. I'm hoping the two characters will hash out history from different perspectives.
DeleteIn this way, I'm hoping to start a conversation between those that really want to hold onto the physical and those that want to progress into a more virtual world. If the local church thinks I'm making fun of them then it will certainly start some conversation though won't it!! Maybe not the kind I hope for but some is better than nothing.
Hannah, I find it very interesting and unique that you take the stance of the virtual priestess. Once I caught what you were doing, I thought it was ingenious! On the other hand, your ability to become someone else concerns me somewhat when you consider that others with less scriptural knowledge, and desire to serve God do the same thing. This is the danger that our virtual world represents. As mentioned in iGods I believe, who can be trusted in the virtual world? Can we trust the priestess? Can pastorjomo be trusted? This is the danger the virtual reality presents the church.
ReplyDelete