Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monastery Histories Entry 227


Isolated, disconnected and hot the Monastery is a refuge for those like me who have Disconnected from the Tri-Verse blasphemy. The Monastery is one of the last ancient strong holds. Here, the world moves to the slower beat of ancient DSL lines and digital screens of the early 2000’s instead of nervoptic connections and ocular-neuro visuals in the brain. Many of those here have never connected; their Low End forefathers had rebelled and passed on the lineage of purely a physical existence.  



I was not so lucky. Born into the Tri-Verse I was given a connection to the Consciousness at 14 days old. Akin to circumcision for boys, this religious rite is bestowed on all children. The connection is spliced to the main nerve in the right leg and a physical baby is instantly in the midst of the Spiritual and Virtual. There is no real choice. To deny the Tri-Verse is to deny your child God-Consciousness. Make no mistake, the Tri-Verse is bliss: constant instantaneous gratification full of neuro highs and religious comfort. It is bliss, it is completion but it is not real.



In the cities we are meant to spend a third of our time in the Physical realm- usually sleeping. This prevents nerve damage and burnout from the nervoptic connections. But I found myself wanting to stay in the physical world more and more often. To stay there longer meant to feel something other than bliss. It meant I could feel pain. Real Pain. The instant gratification of the Tri-Verse, I realized, could be exchanged for long-term joy in the physical world. It was made clear to me by the Priestly Council that I could not have both. “To stay in the physical realm was to choose the flesh and to deny the virtual and spiritual.” I chose flesh and am glad for it.



            Our scripture states, “The pursuit of perfections isn’t as important to the life of the church as the pursuit of the good conversations.” Conversation with slow spoken words is the life of our church community. This is how we Connect. So it is written.





                                                                        -Abbot Asa
                                                                         Year of Our Lord, 2614

13 comments:

  1. I appreciate your refreshing approach to our blogging assignment. What I wonder about is the separation of the virtual, spiritual and physical. They are distinct realms, but are they completely separate entirely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they aren't. As the blog continues I think I'll show how the virtual and spiritual worlds are enmeshed in the Connected world while the spiritual and physical worlds are enmeshed in the Disconnected world. In this way, I can contrast them with the present world where all three seem to be connected.

      Delete
  2. How do we connect or reconnect our worlds? Are they are distant as you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're as distant as the future world I'm portraying but I did want to make a point of showing hos disconnected they could become if we aren't vigilant. One way to reconnect might be to stop thinking of those on the other side as "wrong". Some of us will lead a digital revolution and some of us won't but we're all part of the body of Christ.

      Delete
  3. While reading your blog what came to mind is that there are three worlds: the virtual, the physical, and the spiritual. My question is do you think these world should be kept seperate or become one? if so why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know. I, obviously, am a bit scared of the ramifications of them becoming one but I also think we have a lot to lose if we don't at least head in that direction. I think a practice of moderation is key.

      Delete
  4. I should ask the same question as Steven . I believe we consists of your physical body + Soul(virtual) + Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the idea that the soul is virtual- I had not considered that perspective before. Maybe I can work that into the next blog!

      Delete
  5. I agree with Sam. I love the approach that you take to engage the course and topics. I wonder how would you address the individual that wants to get to know the blogger behind the blogger from the TriVerse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest they leave comments! Lol. I also post the link to this blog on facebook so there is another avenue for those to comment or enter the discussion if they so choose.

      Delete
  6. i think that a writer always connects to his/her reader if there writings are authentic. I think that is what separates a good writer from a bad writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps - i posted as one of my of my first on-line alter egos - Sylvia Ramos

      Delete
    2. I agree. But what makes an author more authentic? Displaying authentic emotions through characters that are fictional or simply telling their own story? Both have a lot to offer in a host of different ways.

      Delete